|HomeHow to Join
The American Canoe Association
HASK is affiliated with the American Canoe Association (ACA) as a Paddle America Club. The ACA provides insurance for our trips/events and a variety of member benefits. This requires our members to also be members of the ACA. If you are not an ACA member, HASK will process your ACA membership when you sign-up. Thereafter you will renew directly with the ACA. Below are the annual membership dues by membership type.
|Individual - Adults over 18 years of age.
|Family - Married or living at the same address
*Savings over regualar ACA dues: Individual $10, Family $20.
Select Join HASK. You will be guided through the following steps.
- Enter your contact information
- Answer club questions -- You
will be asked for your American Canoe Association number and expiration
date. You must supply this information when joining HASK if you are
already an ACA member. ACA membership status will be
- Select interest groups
- Establish User ID Password
- Select additional charges --
If you are not an ACA member you must select an ACA
- Read and accept the HASK Joining Agreement
- Review the summary
- Submit payment -- Credit
card is preferred and the transaction is secure. You may also pay by
Preview of Joining Agreement
By joining HASK you are agree to:
· Abide by the HASK Guidelines for Trip Participants
· Complete an ACA Waiver of Liability when participating in events
For all on-water activities
· You must wear a properly fitted US Coast Guard approved lifejacket
· You must have safety gear appropriate to the trip. See Trip Ratings and Gear Requirements.
· You must be able to perform a “wet-exit” for all except novice trips*
· A parent or guardian must accompany paddlers under 18 years of age
*Usually your trip leader can provide instruction on wet-exits.
By accepting the HASK Joining Agreement you are providing electronic signature to the Waiver and Release of Liability below.
AMERICAN CANOE ASSOCIATION ADULT WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ BEFORE SIGNING
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the American Canoe Association, Inc. sports and recreation program and related activities (“Activities”) I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of paddlesports and related activities and that I am qualified, in good health, in proper physical condition to participate in such activity and willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity. If I decide to leave early and not complete the trip as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) Paddlesports and related ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the American Canoe Association, Inc., its Paddle America Clubs, affiliated clubs and organizational affiliates, their respective ACA certified instructors, certified instructor trainers, and certified instructor trainer educators, administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR OTHER DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT. 12/2010