Trip Description: We will paddle downstream to Clear Lake Park where we can get out on a floating dock. There are bathrooms and picnic tables, so we can take a break and eat snacks/lunch and then return to the put-in. If the wind is too much, we will paddle upstream to Ref Bluff Road and return to the put-in (no breaks in this direction).
After returning to the put-in, an optional paddle in the opposite direction is possible.
This is a level 1-2 paddle
Be sure to bring plenty of water, sunscreen, insect repellent, and snack if desired (or lunch if you choose), and of course your PFD.
Directions: Click the Map quest link for map. From Houston take I-45 south toward Galveston, exit on to Bay Area Blvd, take a left and travel 5.6 miles east to Bay Area Park.
Plan to arrive in the Park by 0930 so we can be on the water by 1000.
Hazards: Stumps, alligators, heat, dehydration, snakes, mosquitoes, wasps, thunderstorms, alien life forms . . . .
| Trip Rating*
|| 1 or 2 depending on wind
| Ready to Launch at
|| 10:00 AM
| Duration (hours)
||2.5 + hours
| Paddling Miles
|| ~ 8-9 miles
| Emergency Initiator
| Emergency Phone #s
|| 713-477-1221, Pasadena Police
| Latest Expected Return
|| 2:30 PM
| Auto Description/Lic #
||Red Subaru Outback, BCX5482
| Distance from Houston
|| Approx 28 miles
* Trip ratings are only a guide. Actual conditions will vary with wind and other weather.
This is an ACA sanctioned event. All participants in ACA-insured activities must wear properly-fitting U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejackets (Personal Flotation Devices, or PFDs) at all times during on-water activities. Non-HASK participants must sign a waiver.
Waivers - Please complete our easy to use online waiver if you are a HASK member who has not signed a waiver within the last 12 months or a non- HASK participant. Read the waiver carefully. You give up substantial rights when you sign it.
- Add Smartwaiver with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure emails do not go to junk/spam.
- Select a link below to complete the online waiver.
ACA-HASK Adult Waiver ACA-HASK Minor Waiver
- Respond to the “Confirm your E-Signature” email from ACA / HASK to confirm your email address. Wavier is now complete and valid.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Please download and print a copy of the waiver and bring it to the trip put-in.
Guests – You are welcome to join us for a couple of paddle trips. HASK will cover the $5 ACA event membership for non-ACA members. Hopefully you will then join HASK and continue paddling with us.